29 May 2012

Fabric Fabric Everywhere!


Well, I was doing so well! Then my fabric came in the mail and I've been otherwise occupied. Here's what I've been doing...
The safety vest vending machine
I didn't buy one, but we thought it
was kind of funny.


We went to a quilt and craft fair on Sunday.
I don't think Rob, his dad, and Rocco loved it, but I
did!
 
My first square, only 19 to go!
I think the colors are a lot prettier
than my cheap camera can
tell you.
I bought this precious sewing machine on Gumtree a few weeks ago, and it's perfect! It's just like the one I had at home, so that was nice to find.

This is what it should look like in the end. It was a little hard to pick out fabrics online. A lot hard, actually. Only because I needed a little of a lot of different kinds. 
When I finish that one, I'll finish this one that I started forever ago. My mom sent it to me and I just got it on Thursday. Along with a lot of other fun things. Rocco got in on the fun too with coloring books, stickers, and pez candy that he wishes he likes, and tries to like, but says yuck every time :) He still loves the Kermit dispenser. 
It should look something like this except a lot bigger.
Last night and today Rocco has been sickish. He has had a fever, which is easily fought off with tylenol, but still feels yuck otherwise. I'm thinking a cold is coming along. So he is getting the royal treatment of chips and crackers (absolutely the only thing he'll eat), toons, and a constant offer of water from me. Hopefully he'll get better soon, it's so sad to see him like this.
Other than that, not much has been going on. We are moving on Friday, so that should be fun. 
OH! And...
Last night, I made Sweet Tomato Basil Bisque and Roasted Parmesan Potatoes for dinner. Rob's all time least favorite meal, my all time favorite. (in my defense, I make his tater tot casserole for him! With all due respect..yuck!) These recipes are both really good, and I think that all of you should try them. (I didn't put all the honey in the soup, actually only about 1 tablespoon (the sweet part didn't sound good at all), and I thickened it up with some flour, other than that it was the same and SO yum.)

2 comments:

  1. I love to read your posts, even when I don't comment! Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. The colors are so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete