26 February 2012

Mastering the Busses

(PS to the title: I'll probably never master them, but I'll stumble along and pretend :)

Hi Everyone!
   If you haven't noticed, I'm a blogger of little words. I'd rather just post pictures. I'm not too sure why, it just happens that way. So, I'll post some words today :)
   Everything here is going well. It's been so much nicer than the ridiculously hot weather we were welcomed by. It was up to 106, and I think a little higher. I don't think anyone should go out in that. It's like the sun picks me out, puts all it's power into it, and there is a magnifying glass on my face. It's trying to burn me. Like an ant. I never tried that trick myself, but I think that's how it went, right?
Anyway, I've been particularly active this past week. I've been out on my own I think 5 times. Not without the iphone though. I couldn't do it without that. Google maps is so amazing. You just put in where you want to go, such as, I want directions from "current location" to St. George's Terrace. I can choose public transportation, and it will tell me exactly when my next bus will be, which bus it is, and how long it will take me. Then, if that isn't just the best thing you've heard all day, it gives me a lil blue dot to make sure I stay on my purple line! If you know me, you know my sense of direction is... nonexistent. It took me a few times of walking down to the store to remember every time that we live to the right, not the left. Or the left, not the right. . . whatever. I don't even know. If I haven't put it in my natural instincts file of my brain, I'll probably go the wrong way. It's 50/50...unless there are more options. Odds drop off fast at that point.
Anyway. Google maps. Iphone. Good.
   The week before last I had an appointment. It was my first time using this system. It included a lot of walking, stress, and exhaustion. All the while pushing Rocco's 37 pounds in the stroller. But I got there! Unfortunately, it wasn't right, I had to be referred to another doctor. So I called, made an appointment. Luckily, this time, I left the 37 pounds at home. I get there, and my appointment was not at 3pm like I thought. It was at 1:30pm. So I make an appointment for the next day. I went, made it to my appointment, and went home. Two days later, I got a call. I had to go back!! So I went back on Friday, only to find that what I went back for, they didn't have. (angry eyes) So, I have to go back on Tuesday. This isn't just a little stroll down the road. It's walking .9 klm, a bus, a bus station, another bus, then a little walking. All the while not taking my eye off that blue dot. Last time I didn't look at the blue dot, I missed my stop and had to walk back a klm in 100 degrees. Anyway. Let's all cross our fingers and wish upon a falling star, 11:11, and a four leaf clover that this is the last time I have to go!
   In other news, we went to an animal park yesterday. We got to pet kangaroos and koalas! Who doesn't want to pet those lil sweeties? I'll post pictures soon.
Okay, this is really long. I think I should be set for words for awhile :)

Happy leap year everyone! 
Anyone going to propose? Wear blue and yellow? Go to Benny Hannas?
You should watch 30 Rock, it was good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment